I have spent the greater part of my career helping people find good jobs. During that time, I have had the pleasure of putting over 12,000 people to work. From light industrial workers to sales executives, my teams have worked long hours to match talented candidates with great companies
In today’s economy, employers are beginning to find it more challenging to find their ideal sales candidate. That’s why we are here.
I put people to work.
Your job is one of the top three priorities in your life. Therefore, you need to spend the time, energy and money to keep pace with your profession.
I recently saw a statistic from the Department of Labor that stated that 70% of the jobs that Americans hold technically did not exist 20 years ago. Craig Barrett, former Chairman of Intel Corporation, stated that 90% of the products that Intel sells at the end of the year did not exist on the first day of the year.
So, my message to the American workforce is to invest in your career. Make sure that you are keeping pace with the technology in your field. Get your certifications. Embrace social media. Exercise. You are going to live a long time.
And, you are going to work an average of 2000 hours every year.
Make them count!
Ken Lazar, Principal
Ken Lazar’s Bio
Ken Lazar is a professional recruiter.
Having spent over fifteen years in talent acquisition and professional staffing, Ken previously held the positions of Managing Director for Experis Division of ManpowerGroup and District Manager for Kelly Services.
Over the course of his career, Ken has won many corporate awards including twice winning his companies highest award, the ManpowerGroup “Power Award”, for growth, profitability and community service.
Understanding the needs of top sales professionals, Ken formed Ability Professional Network. The purpose of Ability Professional Search help our clients grow their business and our candidates to grow their careers. Its goal is to attract and place only the Top 10% of sales talent in the market.
A graduate in Industrial Engineering from Kettering University with a Master of Science in Industrial Administration from the Krannert Business School at Purdue University, Ken and his wife, Nancy, reside in Hilliard, Ohio.
Ken is an avid golfer, custom pen crafter and owns the best dog on the planet.
In 2006, Ken founded the Scioto Ridge Job Networking Group to assist professionals in career transition. Since its inception, the Scioto Ridge Job Networking Group has helped over 4000 professionals in Central Ohio find good jobs.
Professional Affiliations & Organizations:
- Conway Center for Family Business
- Human Resources Association of Central Ohio
- Ohio Recruiters Association
- The Sales Connection
- First Interview Network of Sales Recruiters
- Top Echelon Network of Professional Recruiters
- Career Transition Institute, “Interview Insanity!”
- Ohio Association of Executive Search Professionals, “The US Employment Outlook”
- International Association of Administrative Professionals “Job Interviewing Skills for Experienced Professionals”
- TechColumbus, Dublin Entrepreneurial Center, “Researching Contacts and Companies”
- Career Management Alliance Conference, New Orleans, “The Role of Job Networking Groups in the Community”
- Execunet and the American Marketing Association, “Researching Contacts and Companies.”
- The Council for Supply Chain Management Professionals “The US Employment Outlook”
- Women for Economic Leadership and Development 2013 Pathways to Leadership Conference “Networking and Mentoring with Intent”
Media and Webinars
- CBS affiliate WBNS 10TV News, “Survival Source Job Alert”
- Ohio New Network “Inviting Conversations”
- FOX News, WTTE-TV28, “Good Day Columbus”
- CareerBoard Webinar, ”Janice Worthington, Ask the Expert”
- Right Management National Job Strategy Webinar
- Columbus Business First, “A Conversation with Ken Lazar”
- Sunny95, 94.5 fm, “Inviting Conversations”.