A: I am a podcast addict. There, I admit it. Every morning at 6:30 am, rain or shine, I hitch up our dog and we go for the “long walk”. During our 35 minutes together, I listen to a podcast and our dog surveys the neighborhood. It’s how we get ready for the day.
Podcasts are wonderful things. You can listen to great talks and interviews on a variety of very interesting subjects. It’s amazing what you can learn. And, podcasts are absolutely free.
I downloaded the Podcasts app to my iPhone from iTunes. About once a month, I look through the hundreds of podcast series that are available on iTunes and subscribe to the ones that look interesting. Every time a new podcast in published from the series that I subscribed Podcasts automatically downloads the episode to my phone and notifies me that it’s ready to play. Amazing.
You can choose what you are interested in listening to, but here are some of the podcast series that are in my cloud:
- Freakonomics Radio – If you already read the Freakonomics books, you will be thrilled with this series. If not, you should. Stephen Dubner discovers the hidden side of everything and challengers your thinking. It’s must listen.
- Up First by NPR – This podcast arrives the first thing every morning with commentary on the events from the day before. Up First journalists must stay up all night recording the production.
- RadioLab – A two-time Peabody award winning podcast, RadioLab is an investigation told through sounds and stories. The production is amazing. If you like NPR, you will love RadioLab.
- The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe – If you like quick 10 minute stories that make you say OMG afterward, Mike Rowe is your man.
- Joel Osteen – Every Sunday morning. It’s my outdoor church.
- Revisionist History – Narrated by Malcolm Gladwell. If you think you know something about history, think again. Malcolm has one of the best narrative voices that I have ever heard.
- Linkedinformed– This weekly podcast by Mark Williams keeps me informed of the updates and revisions to LinkedIn.com
I listen to several podcast series including recruiting, marketing and entrepreneurship that keep me current on my industry and my passion.
If you are a podcast addict like me, I would be very interested in learning more about what you are listening to. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and give me your favorites.
See you in the cloud.
Ken Lazar, Principal
Ability Professional Network, LLC
Experts in Recruiting Sales Professionals