Quick Guide: Do’s and Don’ts of Using Data to Shorten the Sales Cycle
- DO optimize your CRM platform like Salesforce.com to record the right sales data. To use data, you must first have a method of collecting it.
- DO have a user-friendly dashboard that allows you to query data for different elements of analysis.
- DO embed data as part of your DNA and refer to it often in review meetings, sales meetings, one-on-ones with reps, and so on.
- DO use data insights to constantly coach your reps. Learnings will do nothing to shorten your sales cycle if they aren’t used to train team members.
- DO exclusively target accounts in your ideal customer profile (developed based on customer profile data).
- DON’T overcomplicate data. It should be simple and consumable.
- DON’T become distracted by the plethora of data available, especially when it comes to market data. Focus!
- DON’T use data just to determine the quantity of sales activities. Use it to also reveal quality of sales activities.
Author: Paul Grant, Sales Hacker